Essential Hypnosis & NLP Skills for Hypnobirthing Practitioners & other Birth Professionals
A Two Day Experiential Workshop for Hypnobirthing Practitioners/Birth Professionals - Facilitated by Ruth Olayinka & Nigel Hetherington.
It seems to me that there is still an air of mysticism in peoples views surrounding hypnosis, and I don't just mean the inaccurate notions of 'mind control' or 'dancing like a chicken' for entertainment purposes perpetuated by media to the general public. Nope. I'm actually referring to many birth professionals who already use or are in contact with hypnosis on a regular basis.
You may already be a very competent Hypnobirthing Practitioners who has, as part of your training, already undertaken a short module in hypnosis - perhaps there has, up until now, been an expectation that for the hypnosis aspect of your course delivery, you rely solely on reading scripts which have been written or recorded by other people. Or perhaps you are another kind of birth professional who would love to be able to harness the power of hypnosis and NLP to rapidly and easily facilitate positive change for your clients.
This course aims to demystify 'hypnosis' for all birth professionals and provide you with the tools to continue doing what you already do excellently, yet with additional skills/competence/confidence whilst (especially for hypnobirthing teachers) moving towards more independence in the way you work with your clients.
By the end of this course you will have gained deeper insight and confidence in:
- The structure of hypnotic scripts.
- An introduction to hypnotic language.
- How to write your own scripts.
- Some techniques which allow you move away from using scripts altogether.
- Delivery of hypnotic scripts in terms of speed/tonlity/emphasis...
- Several hypnotic induction techniques (definitely not scripted).
- Hypnotic processes/techniques to help your client make significant shifts (yes, you guessed it - without a script!).
- Self hypnosis techniques that you can teach to your clients.
- A process to facilitate your client to 'anchor' a useful state (think oxytocin/endorphins/relaxation) for your client to access spontaneously & at any time.
- A process to facilitate your client comfortably re-frame any non-useful language (think pain) they might hear in the birth space.
- Using and structuring metaphor within trance as a means for change.
Where, when & how much
- Taking place at Jesmond Dene Conference Centre
- Sat 19th & Sun 20th January 2019.
- Times 10am - 5pm
- £95 (This is a 'pilot' workshop. Future courses will increase significantly in price).
This course is now full and booking is closed.